Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Love

So this past month I have attended two weddings and must say they have really gotten me thinking. No I haven't been thinking of why I am still single but I have been thinking of the concept of Love.

1Corinthians 13:4
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Yes of course when it comes down to it we will say that we will show that sort of love to our husband our wife when in reality many times we do not. What has been on my mind though lately is that we, the body of Christ seem to only think of those verses in regards to marriage.

John 13:34-35
34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Here Jesus is clearly telling us that we are not to just submit ourselves to our spouse as Christ did the Church but it is Jesus telling us to let the world know that we are different and we have found the light. Just go out show some love stop being envious of others or boasting when we are in the right, begin to become humble and show a care for those around us. Love them and allow them to recognize that the spirit is living within us.

No comments: